Join Over 175 young Leaders Making a Difference
YMCA Leaders Club is a program for teens and young adults interested in developing leadership skills and serving in YMCA programs. YMCA leaders gain skills through experiential service training, planning and participating in community service projects. The program provides opportunities for youth to develop essential skills such as good character, accountability, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
Participants must be
- A YMCA Haiti member of any center over the age of 13
- Be recognized by a club or staff member for leadership contributions
- Be willing to provide service to the YMCA and the wider community
- Be willing to participate in program orientation and monitoring until initial training and assessment are given. This training program will occur in July, August and December.
- Attend all meetings and functions during the orientation period.
- Attend special club training sessions during the months mentioned above in basic theory and basics in other instructional activities.
- Provide an opportunity to harness and direct the energy and enthusiasm of Y youth to the ultimate experience of sharing their talents with others.
- To assist our YMCA so that it can better serve more people.
- Impact the wider community through service.